The Northeast Rural Livelihood Project (NERLP) is a scheme under the Ministry of Development of Northeastern Region (DoNER). This scheme empowered the rural poor and improved the livelihoods of nearly 300,000 households in 1645 villages of 62 blocks falling in 11 districts of the 4 states Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, and Sikkim.
Under this project, the Skills development and placement have trained children in various job skills and more than half of them are employed today.
This project aims that the improvement of rural livelihoods, especially that of women, unemployed youth, and the most disadvantaged, in four North Eastern States.
8. Develop partnerships of community institutions for natural resource management, microfinance, market linkages, and sectoral economic services.
9. The project was for a period of five years and covered two districts each in Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and 5 districts in Tripura. The districts are:
• Mizoram - Aizawl and Lunglei
• Nagaland - Peren and Tuensang
• Sikkim - South Sikkim and West Sikkim
• Tripura - West Tripura, Sepahijala, Khowai, Unakoti and North Tripura
The following people of the northeastern region to get the benefit from this project. This project is only for the particular area of the northeastern region.
SHG (Self Help Groups) members and
The project has focused on five basic development strategies:
Livelihood & value chain developments
Applications should be submitted in the prescribed format to the District Project Management Unit office/Block Project Facilitation Team offices. For more details, you can visit the official website of nerlp.